|Institutions||University of Connecticut|
One of Dashefsky's key theses is that Jewish identity is taken for granted in populations, such as Israel where Jews make up a majority of the population. Furthermore, he has asserted that the number of Jews in the United States is roughly the same as the number of Jews in Israel. Hence, he feels that Jewish identity should be no less strong in either nation.
- American Sociological Association
- Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences
- University of Connecticut Center for Judaic Studies and Contemporary Jewish Life (Director)
- "Staff | Berman Jewish DataBank". Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- University of Connecticut, Dr. Arnold Dashefsky's Page
- Jewish Databank website administered by University of Connecticut's Center for Judaic Studies and Contemporary Jewish Life
- Thompson, Allison: "Sociologist Studies Jewish Identity in Israel, United States." Advance (on the web). 3 November 2003: