Dick's Knob viewed from Black Rock Mountain State Park
|Elevation||4,620 ft (1,410 m)|
|Location||Rabun County, Georgia, U.S.|
|Parent range||Blue Ridge Mountains|
|Topo map||USGS Hightower Bald|
Dick's Knob or Dicks Knob, with an elevation of 4,620 feet (1,408 m), is the third-highest peak in the State of Georgia if using a 200 ft. prominence rule. It is located in Rabun County, Georgia within the Southern Nantahala Wilderness and is the second-highest mountain in the county.
Dick's Knob is located in the Southern Nantahala Wilderness in the Chattahoochee National Forest on Pot Gap Ridge near the North Carolina border. The summit is located 0.5 miles (0.80 km) south of the North Carolina border, 2 miles (3.2 km) east of Tate City and 10 miles (16 km) northwest of Clayton. Nearby geographical features include the Tallulah River, Standing Indian Mountain and Grassy Ridge. Dicks Knob is part of the southern Crystalline Appalachians. A dwarfed oak forest covers the mountain's summit.
No trails pass over Dick's Knob's summit. However, the mountain can be reached by hiking off-trail south from the Appalachian Trail at Beech Gap or east from the Tate Branch Campground near Tate City.
- Feature Detail Report for: Dicks Knob. USGS.gov. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- Dick’s Knob. explorerabun.com. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- United States Geological Survey (10 May 2016). Hightower Bald, GA quadrangle (Topographic map). Reston, VA: United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 10 May 2016 – via TopoQuest.
- Edwards, Leslie. Ambrose, Jonathan and Kirkman, L. The Natural Communities of Georgia. 2013. ISBN 0820330213. pp. 50.
- Wharton, Charles. The Natural History of the Georgia Mountains. sherpaguides.com. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- Rock Mountain Fire InfraRed Map 11/17/16. nwcg.gov. 17 November 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- Summit GA's Highest Peaks: #3 - Dicks Knob (4620'). atlantaoutdoorclub.com. 8 March 2010. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- Chestnut Mountain and Dick’s Knob. atlantaoutdoorclub.com. 23 February 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2016.