Grassy Mountain (Georgia)
Grassy Mountain viewed from Eton, Georgia
|Elevation||3,694 ft (1,126 m) |
|Prominence||494 ft (151 m) |
|Location||Murray County, Georgia, U.S.|
|Parent range||Cohutta Mountains|
|Topo map||USGS Crandall|
Grassy Mountain is a summit in Murray County, Georgia. At its highest point, the mountain has an elevation of 3,694 feet (1,126 m). It is the second tallest peak in Murray County, if using a 100 feet (30 m) prominence rule, behind nearby Bald Mountain.
Grassy Mountain is located in the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest near Lake Conasauga. There is a fire lookout tower at the top of the mountain that offers views of Fort Mountain, the Cohutta Wilderness and the Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians.
- "Grassy Mountain, Georgia". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- United States Geological Survey (April 26, 2016). Crandall, GA quadrangle (Topographic map). Reston, VA: United States Geological Survey. Retrieved April 26, 2016 – via TopoQuest.
- Feature Detail Report for: Grassy Mountain. USGS.gov. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Murray County GA Peaks List. listofjohn.com. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Conasauga District East Portion. USDA.gov. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Lake Conasauga. USDA.gov. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Grassy Mountain Tower Trail. georgiatrails.com. Retrieved 28 April 2016.