List of Hindu members of the United States Congress
As of 2021, three practicing Hindus have ever been elected to Congress, the first being Tulsi Gabbard in 2013. In total, seven members of Congress have been either practicing Hindus or born into Hindu families but adhering to other religions. Two practicing Hindus currently serve in the United States House of Representatives.
No Hindu has ever served in the United States Senate.
House of Representatives
|Representative||Party||State||Term start||Term end||Notes|
|Democratic||Hawaii||January 3, 2013||January 3, 2021||First practicing Hindu elected to Congress|
|Democratic||California||January 3, 2017||Incumbent||One of the first two practicing Hindus of Indian descent to be elected to Congress|
|Democratic||Illinois||January 3, 2017||Incumbent||One of the first two practicing Hindus of Indian descent to be elected to Congress|
- Ami Bera, a representative raised in a Hindu household, but identifies as a Unitarian Universalist
- Bobby Jindal, a representative raised in a Hindu household, but converted to Christianity in high school
- Kamala Harris, a senator raised by a Hindu mother, but identifies as a Baptist
- Pramila Jayapal, a representative raised in a Hindu household, but whose religious affiliation is unknown
- List of Buddhist members of the United States Congress
- List of Jewish members of the United States Congress
- List of Mormon members of the United States Congress
- List of Muslim members of the United States Congress
- Sacirbey, Omar (November 2, 2012). "Hawaii Democrat poised to be elected first Hindu in Congress". Washington Post. Religion News Service. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved December 28, 2019.
- Kumar, Arvind (November 15, 2012). "The first Hindu in US Congress". Indian Weekender. Retrieved October 18, 2019.
- "Ro Khanna Reflects on Gandhi's 150th Birthday". Congressman Ro Khanna. 2019-10-02. Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- "Raja Krishnamoorthi heading to U.S. Congress". The Hindu. November 9, 2016.
- Bhattacharyya, Anirudh (August 29, 2016). "Raja Krishnamoorthi: First-ever Hindu of Indian origin may make it to the US House of Representatives". firstpost.com. Retrieved November 7, 2016.