Jump to navigation
Jump to search
From today's featured article
Did you know...
- ... that the flag of the Romani people (pictured) was a triband, before the red stripe was removed over suspicions that it stood for communism?
- ... that Sir Cusack Patrick Roney was knighted for his role as secretary to the Great Industrial Exhibition of 1853?
- ... that penis worms very similar to Priapulus caudatus created trace fossils in the early Cambrian period?
- ... that minutes after a world record was set for Super Mario World, SethBling completed a faster run, validating a technique used previously only on an emulator?
- ... that Narmakosh, compiled by Narmad, is the first monolingual dictionary of the Gujarati language?
- ... that video artist Joan Braderman superimposed herself onto scenes from the television series Dynasty to critique the characters, plots, and themes?
- ... that if the Green Bay Packers football team, with an estimated value of $2.55 billion, was ever sold, all the profits would go to its charitable foundation rather than its shareholders?
- ... that opera singer Catherine-Nicole Lemaure was imprisoned overnight for refusing to perform?
In the news
On this day
From today's featured list
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Wikipedia is hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects:
This Wikipedia is written in English. Started in 2001 , it currently contains 5,701,021 articles.
Many other Wikipedias are available; some of the largest are listed below.
- More than 1,000,000 articles:
- More than 250,000 articles:
- More than 50,000 articles: