|No. of offices||22|
|No. of attorneys||1000+|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Founder||Egbert R. Watson|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
In 1834, Egbert R. Watson began his law practice in Charlottesville, Virginia. He later formed a partnership in 1870 with George Perkins, and in 1936 the firm became Perkins, Battle & Minor. The firm expanded in the following decades and, following the 1966 merger of Battle, Neal, Harris, Minor & Williams with McGuire, Woods, King, Davis & Patterson, became known as McGuire, Woods and Battle. In 1987, McGuire, Woods and Battle merged with Boothe, Prichard & Dudley to become McGuire, Woods, Battle & Boothe. In 2000, the firm changed its name to McGuireWoods LLP.
The firm’s consulting subsidiary, McGuireWoods Consulting, opened in 1998.