Peachtree Baptist Church (Atlanta)
Peachtree Baptist Church was founded in rural DeKalb County, Georgia, United States in the summer of 1847 by Bruce Jacobs. The church took its name from the location at the corner of Briarcliff and LaVista roads that was known by the mid-nineteenth century locals as the "peachtree bartering station" where the locals would gather on Saturdays to exchange goods. The intersection is midway between the north and south forks of Peachtree Creek.
The church was affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and the Georgia Baptist Convention throughout its history until it severed all ties with those bodies in November 2000. Peachtree Baptist Church now affiliates with the Baptist World Alliance and the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
Peachtree Baptist Church has ordained a number of women to vocational ministry and to the diaconate. Peachtree Baptist Church follows the liturgical calendar, embraces a formal liturgical worship style, and a moderate/emergent theology.
- Peachtree Baptist Church — official website