The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show
|Genre||Comedy, Talk, Entertainment|
|Running time||Weekdays, 6-9 a.m. Central|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Home station||106.1 KISS-FM |
|Starring||J-Si Chavez |
Big Al Mack
|Created by||Kidd Kraddick|
|Original release||October 1, 1992 – present|
The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show (formerly Kidd Kraddick in the Morning) is an American ensemble morning radio show that originates from Dallas, Texas. The show is heard weekday mornings on flagship station, KHKS, and on dozens of other radio stations around the U.S., airing either a Top 40/CHR or Hot Adult Contemporary radio format.
The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show's primary focus is pop culture commentary, with discussions often revolving around the previous night's reality television programming, celebrity relationships and current affairs. The show is broadcast from their studios in Irving, Texas. The show is owned and syndicated by YEA Networks and is distributed by Westwood One. The radio show streams live through Livestream at Kiddtv.com. The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show is available in an on-demand service via the show's website and from audioBoom.
Some popular segments on the show are "Love Letters to Kellie", "Whatever Wednesday", "First World Problems", "Feel Good Friday", "Does that Make Me Crazy?" and "Flush the Format", a Friday morning segment where a featured DJ plays a variety of songs not normally heard.
On September 10, 2012, the show became a part of nationally syndicated Fox television show, Dish Nation, which mainly covers celebrity news as reported on several radio morning shows around the country. On December 16, 2016, the show announced a departure from Dish Nation, with a new TV project in the works. On July 30, 2018, "KiddNation TV", premiered in a limited test run in both Dallas and Houston, Texas. The television show features some of the daily radio show’s content and segments, as well as a look into some of the cast's daily life outside of the studio. KiddNation TV's test run ended on August 24, 2018 after airing a twenty episode season.
From October 1, 1992 until July 26, 2013, the show was hosted by radio DJ and personality, Kidd Kraddick. But with Kraddick's unexpected death outside of New Orleans on July 27, 2013, the show's future without Kraddick was undetermined. On August 5, 2013, the show resumed live broadcasts as an ensemble program hosted by the remaining cast members, with the show continuing to posthumously carry Kraddick's name. On January 15, 2014, the show's name was altered from "Kidd Kraddick in the Morning", to "The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show".
- Kellie Rasberry (1994 - Present)
- Alaric "Big Al" Mack (1995 - Present)
- José "J-Si" Chavez (2006 - Present)
- Jenna Owens (2008 - Present)
- Shanon Murphy (1999)
- Nick Adams (2009)
- Russ Francis (2010)
- Lacey Gee (2011)
- Trey Peart (2011)
- George Laughlin (2011)
- Amy Nichols (2013)
- Ana Castillejos (2014)
- Robert Ehrman (January 2008 - March 2014, April 2015 - Present)
- Mike Morse (2014)
- Don Wakefield (2015)
- Michael "Part-Time Justin" Chavez (2015)
- Kidd Kraddick (October 1992 - July 2013)
- Jocelyn White (1992 - 1994)
- Tom Gribble (1995 - 1999)
- Bert Weiss (1996 - 1998)
- Troy Hughes (2000 - 2007)
- Rich Shertenlieb (2000 - 2006)
- Scott Robb (2001 - 2004)
- Taylor Glover (August 2006)
- Maria Todd (October 2006 - November 2006)
- Elena Davies (2015 - 2017)
There are currently 69 affiliated stations currently airing The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show.
- KAAK / Great Falls, Montana
- KAFX / Lufkin, Texas
- KBBQ / Fort Smith, Arkansas
- KBIU / Lake Charles, Louisiana
- KCDD / Abilene, Texas
- KFBZ / Wichita, Kansas
- KGFX / Pierre, South Dakota
- KHDK / Burlington, Iowa
- KHKS / Dallas, Texas (flagship station)
- KKCT / Bismarck, North Dakota
- KKDG / Durango, Colorado
- KIIK / Fairfield, Iowa
- KKMX / Roseburg, Oregon
- KKPN / Corpus Christi, Texas
- KLMR / Lamar, Colorado
- KLJZ / Yuma, Arizona
- KMCK / Fayetteville, Arkansas
- KMDX / San Angelo, Texas
- KMGX / Bend, Oregon
- KMMX / Lubbock, Texas
- KMRX / El Dorado, Arkansas
- KNIN / Wichita Falls, Texas
- KNNW / Monroe, Louisiana
- KODM / Odessa, Texas
- KOLW / Basin City, Washington
- KPWW / Texarkana, Arkansas
- KOQL / Columbia, Missouri
- KQIZ / Amarillo, Texas
- KQVT / Victoria, Texas
- KSYN / Joplin, Missouri
- KTIB / Thibodaux, Louisiana
- KTDR / Del Rio, Texas
- KTHC / Sidney, Montana
- KTIJ / Hobart, Oklahoma
- KTYL / Tyler, Texas
- KVKI / Shreveport, Louisiana
- KVLY / McAllen, Texas
- KVRW / Lawton, Oklahoma
- KWPW / Waco, Texas
- KXDR / Pinesdale, Montana
- KXFC / Ada, Oklahoma
- KXXM / San Antonio, Texas
- KZTQ / Reno, Nevada
- WACT / Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- WAEV / Savannah, Georgia
- WAVK / Key West, Florida
- WBHT / Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- WCBH / Terre Haute, Indiana
- WDOD / Chattanooga, Tennessee
- WEZB / New Orleans, Louisiana
- WFMF / Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- WHAJ / Bluefield, West Virginia
- WHHD / Augusta, Georgia
- WIOL / Columbus, Georgia
- WJDQ / Meridian, Mississippi
- WJXM / Meridian, Mississippi
- WKZW / Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- WLTO / Lexington, Kentucky
- WQGA / Brunswick, Georgia
- WQGN / New London, Connecticut
- WREZ / Paducah, Kentucky
- WSIM / Florence, South Carolina
- WWKZ / Tupelo, Mississippi
- WWXM / Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- WXYK / Gulfport, Mississippi
- WYDS / Decatur, Illinois
- WYSS / Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
- WZIM / Bloomington, Illinois-Normal, Illinois
- WZLK / Pikeville, Kentucky
Kidd Kraddick was awarded radio's Marconi Award as major market radio personality of the year in 2006. Additionally, Kidd Kraddick was also named Best Radio Personality in the Country on national television via the first-ever Radio Music Awards.
In 2007, the show was nominated for the Syndicated Personality/Show of the Year award by Radio & Records magazine. Other finalists included Delilah, Blair Garner, Steve Harvey, The Lia Show, and John Tesh.
In 2015, the radio show received The Kidd Kraddick Award at the TalentMaster's 27th annual Morning Show Boot Camp.
- "The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show - YEA Networks".
- "The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show - Westwood One".
- "Dallas Team Says Goodbye To Dish Nation".
- "KiddNation TV On The Air In Dallas, Houston".
- "Kidd Kraddick in the Morning to go live in some form August 5".
- "Robert Ehrman Upped To Exec. Producer Of Kraddick Show".
- "Kidd Kraddick Show Names Mike Morse Exec. Producer/Show Dir".
- "2007 Industry Achievement Awards". Radio and Records. Sep 28, 2008. Archived from the original on May 11, 2008.
- "Talentmaster's 27th Annual Morning Show Boot Camp Set For Chicago".