Possible Armenia-Azerbaijan 3 case under discussion
The Arbitration Committee is currently considering a motion to open "Armenia-Azerbaijan 3". Interested editors are invited to submit evidence about this topic area and feedback to the committee about this motion at the request. Barkeep49 (talk) 16:08, 10 January 2023 (UTC)
- Discuss this at the request
Following a successful appeal to the Arbitration Committee, Simple-engineer (talk · contribs) is unblocked. Simple-engineer is indefinitely topic banned from the Kurds and Kurdistan, broadly construed. This restriction may be appealed after 6 months have elapsed.
- Archived discussion at: Wikipedia talk:Arbitration Committee/Noticeboard/Archive 49 § Simple-engineer unblocked
Contentious topics procedure now in effect
In December, the Arbitration Committee adopted the contentious topics procedure, which replaces the former discretionary sanctions system. The contentious topics procedure is now in effect following an initial implementation period.
- For a detailed summary of the changes from the discretionary sanctions system, see WP:DSVSCT.
- A brief guide for administrators may be found at Wikipedia:Contentious topics/Administrator instructions.
- Updated templates may be found at Template:Contentious topics.
- Suggestions and concerns may be directed to the arbitration clerk team at WT:AC/C.
- Discuss this at: Wikipedia talk:Arbitration Committee/Noticeboard § Contentious topics procedure now in effect
ToBeFree appointed trainee clerk
The arbitration clerk team is often in need of new members, and any editor who meets the expectations for appointment and would like to join the clerk team is welcome to apply by e-mail to clerks-llists.wikimedia.org.
- Archived discussion at: Wikipedia talk:Arbitration Committee/Noticeboard/Archive 49 § ToBeFree appointed trainee clerk
Change to the CheckUser team
At his request by email to the committee, the CheckUser permissions of MusikAnimal are removed. The Arbitration Committee sincerely thanks MusikAnimal for his long service as a CheckUser, and his continuing service on Wikipedia.
Proposed motion for amendment to Arbitration procedures: Documenting transition procedures
The Arbitration Committee is considering a motion to include a section on arbitrator transitions in the Committee's procedures. Comments are welcomed in the relevant section. For the Committee, — Wug·a·po·des 19:37, 26 January 2023 (UTC)