Amo ini an Ganghaan han Komunidad.
Bot policy was transferred to Gpedia:Polisiya hit bot.
Kon karuyag mo magsari o magprobar la anay, pakadto hit Gpedia:Sandbox.
Kon karuyag niyo makighimangraw mahitungod hit Gpedia, pakadto hiton Harampangan.
For those who don't speak Waray-Waray, you can leave a message at the Embahada Waraynon (Waray-Waray Embassy).
ESEAP Conference 2018
Hello Philippine Wikipedians,
Scholarship applications for ESEAP Conference 2018 is now open!
ESEAP Conference 2018 is a regional conference for Wikimedia communities around the ESEAP regions. ESEAP stands for East, Southeast Asia, and Pacific. Taking place in Bali, Indonesia on 5-6 May 2018, this is the first regional conference for the Wikimedia communities around the regions.
Full scholarships are subject to quotas, maximum two people per country and your country is eligible to apply, visit this page.
We also accept submissions of several formats, including:
- Workshop & Tutorial: these are presentations with a focus on practical work directed either to acquiring a specific skill or doing a specific task. Sessions are 55 minutes led by the presenters in a classroom space suitable for laptops and work.
- Posters: A2-size format to give news, share your community event/program, set out an idea, propose a concept, or explain a problem. The poster itself must be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons with a suitable license.
- Short Presentation/Sharing talks: 10-15 minutes presentation on certain topic.
Deadline for submissions and scholarship applications is on 15 March 2018.
Filipinayzd (hiruhimangraw) 16:03, 19 Enero 2018 (UTC)
Editing News #1—2018
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Did you know?
Did you know that you can now use the visual diff tool on any page?
Sometimes, it is hard to see important changes in a wikitext diff. This screenshot of a wikitext diff (click to enlarge) shows that the paragraphs have been rearranged, but it does not highlight the removal of a word or the addition of a new sentence.
If you enable the Beta Feature for "Visual differences", you will have a new option. It will give you a new box at the top of every diff page. This box will let you choose either diff system on any edit.
Click the toggle button to switch between visual and wikitext diffs.
In the visual diff, additions, removals, new links, and formatting changes will be highlighted. Other changes, such as changing the size of an image, are described in notes on the side.
This screenshot shows the same edit as the wikitext diff. The visual diff highlights the removal of one word and the addition of a new sentence.
You can read and help translate the user guide, which has more information about how to use the visual editor.
Since the last newsletter, the Editing Team has spent most of their time supporting the 2017 wikitext editor mode, which is available inside the visual editor as a Beta Feature, and improving the visual diff tool. Their work board is available in Phabricator. You can find links to the work finished each week at mw:VisualEditor/Weekly triage meetings. Their current priorities are fixing bugs, supporting the 2017 wikitext editor, and improving the visual diff tool.
- The 2017 wikitext editor is available as a Beta Feature on desktop devices. It has the same toolbar as the visual editor and can use the citoid service and other modern tools. The team have been comparing the performance of different editing environments. They have studied how long it takes to open the page and start typing. The study uses data for more than one million edits during December and January. Some changes have been made to improve the speed of the 2017 wikitext editor and the visual editor. Recently, the 2017 wikitext editor opened fastest for most edits, and the 2010 WikiEditor was fastest for some edits. More information will be posted at mw:Contributors/Projects/Editing performance.
- The visual diff tool was developed for the visual editor. It is now available to all users of the visual editor and the 2017 wikitext editor. When you review your changes, you can toggle between wikitext and visual diffs. You can also enable the new Beta Feature for "Visual diffs". The Beta Feature lets you use the visual diff tool to view other people's edits on page histories and Special:RecentChanges. 
- Wikitext syntax highlighting is available as a Beta Feature for both the 2017 wikitext editor and the 2010 wikitext editor. 
- The citoid service automatically translates URLs, DOIs, ISBNs, and PubMed id numbers into wikitext citation templates. It is very popular and useful to editors, although it can be a bit tricky to set up. Your wiki can have this service. Please read the instructions. You can ask the team to help you enable citoid at your wiki.
Let's work together
20:56, 2 Marso 2018 (UTC)
From May 8, AdvancedSearch
will be available as a beta feature
in your wiki. The feature enhances the search page
through an advanced parameters form and aims to make existing search options
more visible and accessible for everyone. AdvancedSearch is a project by WMDE Technical Wishes
. Everyone is invited to test the feature and we hope that it will serve you well in your work!
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:54, 7 Mayo 2018 (UTC)
New Gpedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2018)
The TWL OWL says sign up today!
The Gpedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to research and tools as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the Library Card platform:
- Rock's Backpages – Music articles and interviews from the 1950s onwards - 50 accounts
- Invaluable – Database of more than 50 million auctions and over 500,000 artists - 15 accounts
- Termsoup – Translation tool
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Baylor University Press, Loeb Classical Library, Cairn, Gale and Bloomsbury.
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Gpedia projects: sign up today!
--The Gpedia Library Team 18:03, 30 Mayo 2018 (UTC)
- You can host and coordinate signups for a Gpedia Library branch in your own language. Please contact Ocaasi (WMF).
- This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Gpedia Library Global Delivery List.
Global preferences are available
19:20, 10 Hulyo 2018 (UTC)