Gpedia:Help for non-Waray speakers
Messages and requests:
Hello, I am making list of linguistic flags or similar symbols. It is here. For Waray-Waray language I found only flag (or seal) of Samar. However, I want to avoid statist seals, so I found this logo. Is anyone willing to create flag of Waray people or language? It can contain features from seal of Samar or AnWaray logo, but it must differ. The best format would be SVG. I miss flag for Bicolano too. Thank you. sszHosmich (talk) 13:55, 27 Mayo 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Hosmich, at this time I do not know of any symbol that represents the Waray language. The An Waray logo is actually that of a party-list which represents a sector in the Philippine legislature but I do not know if they really represent the concerns of the Waray language since they do not really represent any geographical area. And the seal of Samar only covers the Province of Samar which is the western third of the island of Samar but does not represent the Provinces of Northern Samar and Eastern Samar which also speak Waray. Also at this time I am unable to create any logo but maybe other members here can help. --Harvzs (talk) 02:00, 28 Mayo 2013 (UTC)
- Hello. I am from Leyte and a native speaker of Waray. In my opinion, I believe that the best symbol for the language is a thumbnail map of the islands of Leyte, Samar, and Biliran. --Ronsnyderjr 13:57, 26 December 2013 (UTC+8)
- Hello. We just use "commercial." Or (rarely) "patalastas." --Ronsnyderjr 13:57, 26 December 2013 (UTC+8)
Monuments of Spain Challenge
Excuse me for not speaking Waray-Waray yet.
Wikimedia España invites you to join the Monuments of Spain Challenge. And what’s that? It’s a contest. You have to edit, translate or expand articles about the Spanish monuments and you will be granted points. So you’re not just writing about wonderful buildings: you can get prizes!
The time of the contest will include all October and any information you may need is right here.
Join in and good luck!
PS: We would be grateful if you could translate this note into Waray-Waray.
B25es on behalf of Wikimedia España.
A bot has left CDATA constructs in an XML element.
Cross-wiki fake article
- Hello, I'm from Japanese Gpedia. I find that ja:ジョージ・ニック is a cross-wiki fake article and the English article, en:George Nick have already deleted (en:Gpedia:Articles for deletion/George Nick). Will you delete Waray article George Nick? Thank you.--SilverSpeech (hiruhimangraw) 04:12, 26 Mayo 2017 (UTC)
- Done. Thanks. It was not even written in this language. JinJian (hiruhimangraw) 09:03, 26 Mayo 2017 (UTC)
Wiki Science Competition
Hi! Wiki Science Competition has started, sitenotices have appeared for sure in Spain, Austria, Russian Federation, USA and Ukraine, and Italy will be join very soon with a massive national campaign.
As a member of the academic committee I did my best to reduce the gap between countries both in the composition of the juries and now in the outreach. I did inform many platforms (enwiki, eswiki, frwiki) during the preparation of the event, now I am informing all national institutions, associations and federations of science and technology I can contact, especially those located in countries without national juries (including the Philippines), I am posting notes on LinkedIn groups everyday, and I am contacting national chapters and user groups... and so on. That's why I am here.
We prepared banners for many countries but on meta they say it is not wise to use them all, so if you want to use the style and do one here on your wiki for few days, just let us know. In your case the banner is not country-specific so it is generic.
Otherwise, if you have social media and you want to inform your friends and colleagues, the twitter hashtags are #WSC2017, #WikiScience2017, #WikiScience
- We will probably get banners in India and Vietnam after the Asian Month. In the meantime commons:Category:Images_from_Wiki_Science_Competition_2017_in_the_Philippines is still empty. Any hope to get a banner here as well? I have not started to send emails to your universities.--Alexmar983 (hiruhimangraw) 04:34, 12 Nobyembre 2017 (UTC)
Requesting deletion of an article
The taxon Zygoballus quaternus was declared a nomen dubium in 2008. In other words, it isn't possible to determine what the name actually refers to, so it shouldn't be considered a valid species. It's already been deleted from the other Wikipedias where it existed. (Lsjbot imported it from an older database.) It's also been deleted from the ITIS Catalog of Life and from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF). I would like to ask that it be deleted here as well, so that it doesn't get copied to any other Wikipedias inadvertently. Since it isn't an actual species, it should not be considered notable or have a Gpedia article for the name. Thank you. Kaldari (hiruhimangraw) 03:29, 6 Abril 2018 (UTC)