I am trying to be more regular at Wiki again. But if I don't respond on time, please don't wait and ping other reviewers or go to AFC help desk. Thanks!
Hello, welcome to my user page. I am 35 yr old Indian lad (if can call myself that)! I am an AFC reviewer and also stalks new pages in mainspace. Actively participate in India related pages but also try to do beyond that. I like to help people at my talk page and work with them collaboratively.
A barnstar for you!
|The Barnstar of Diligence|
|Here's a Barnstar for this "Indian Lad"
Partha Basak 07:06, 19 October 2021 (UTC)
|The Resilient Barnstar|
|Keep learning up from the silly mistakes which I also made during my early days here. Life here was so difficult for me back then! I wish you all the best. Regards Kichu🐘 Need any help? 15:09, 29 April 2021 (UTC)|
Some good and useful archived discussions
- WP:BASIC and WP:GNG: Wikipedia:Teahouse/Questions/Archive 1106#WP:Basic & WP:GNG
- Applying criteria 1 of WP:Academic: Wikipedia:Teahouse/Questions/Archive 1106#How many published paper and how many citations for WP:Academic?
- Detecting Paid news is not enough. Look for articles driven by PR Vehicles. In words of DGG
My own rule in cases like this is when there is no evidence of substantial accomplishments such as would generate a genuine news story, anything published is likely to be unreliable
- How to know if the content is acceptable or not for a biography; again from DGG "We should be especially cautious about accepting articles that are rewritten in a promotional manner or appear to be based on promotional sources. A simple guide is that if it would do for the subject's web page, it shouldn't be here."
Tips while Submitting for AFC
Disclaimer: These are just my own observation and tips; and not Wikipedia guidelines on submissions on AFC.
- Read notability guidelines!
- Don't include too many sources (specially avoid those that are not contributing to notability or they are not verifying any information). At AFC, the notability is being evaluated, so focus more on getting that crossed rather than bombing it with sources. Having too many links doesn't mean your article will get accepted. However, having fewer but high quality links increases the chances
- Submit a shorter draft that covers all basic points and clearly illustrates why the subject is notable. Don't bomb it with too much information.
- Ask questions if rejected. AFC reviewers are not god and are likely to do mistakes. So feel free to reach out and request them to understand the reason of decline better
- Listen to the feedback carefully and read the essays suggested.