Hi. We're into the last five days of the Women in Red World Contest. There's a new bonus prize of $200 worth of books of your choice to win for creating the most new women biographies between 0:00 on the 26th and 23:59 on 30th November. If you've been contributing to the contest, thank you for your support, we've produced over 2000 articles. If you haven't contributed yet, we would appreciate you taking the time to add entries to our articles achievements list by the end of the month. Thank you, and if participating, good luck with the finale!
Hi, you recently deleted a change i had made on the CEDU page in regards to the experiences of one of the camp goers as you said I did not provide a source yet I was continuing from the source that was provided in the same bullet point a sentence earlier. The sourced sentence has three sentences after detailing the person's experiences but you deleted my sentence of his experience which was from the same source.
|This is a standard message to notify contributors about an administrative ruling in effect. It does not imply that there are any issues with your contributions to date.
You have shown interest in Eastern Europe or the Balkans. Due to past disruption in this topic area, a more stringent set of rules called discretionary sanctions is in effect. Any administrator may impose sanctions on editors who do not strictly follow Wikipedia's policies, or the page-specific restrictions, when making edits related to the topic.To opt out of receiving messages like this one, place
Hello Darkweb, Plesse forgive me if I’m not adding this discussion the proper place, you can point me to a more appropriate place. Let’s please discuss Andrew Baron. I admit I am biased but the article is also biased and I wish to make the article non-biased. Can you work with me on it? 2601:281:8180:1F10:7DC8:23EC:D12E:2EE8 (talk) 13:00, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
- I'm probably not the best person to ask since I don't involve myself in the content side very heavily, but at a glance I don't see any immediate issues with the article. Per wikipedia guidelines NPOV does not necessarily mean equal weighting has to be given to the other POV, especially if it has little reliable coverage or represents a minority viewpoint. If you still think there's something wrong with the article in its current state, I would recommend asking over at WP:TEA for someone else to assess it, and go from there. Dark-World25 (talk) 13:24, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
Hey! Hope you're well. You just undid an edit I made to Antonio Nunez's page stating a source was not provided. However a source stating that was his debut was in fact provided (the BBC article). I corrected the previous statement that said he made his debut against Portsmouth.
- I assume that IP was you editing while logged out, I've reverted my changes since I obviously didn't see the updated source. Apologies, Dark-World25 (talk) 13:13, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
It’s not biased or controversial to add in an update to a legal case. It’s significant. Each time you have reverted the article, you acted without an understanding of the content or the case. You have also indicated that you are not interested in looking at the content, and that you only glanced. The man was false accused and that detail was provided. It’s critical to fairness to note that his case was dismissed and sealed. So I plan to add that information back in. Please do not frye critical information that helps give the reader important facts such as having a case dismissed. 2601:281:8180:1F10:7DC8:23EC:D12E:2EE8 (talk) 13:35, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
- There are two issues:
- You cannot simply cite a self published source on a BLP article to claim that he himself was not guilty and the charges were dismissed. There is simply no reputable source to indicate otherwise, to take his word at face value would be akin to claiming that every criminal that maintains innocence is therefor not guilty.
- A plea of no contest is equivalent to an admission of guilt but with no civil liability. Yes the charges are technically "dismissed", but they are still shown on a criminal record.
Hi I'm the editor that expanded the indroduction and history section in the Armenian illuminated manuscript page, thank you for the remark you added about the rough translation, I do speak French so i did try to "de-roughen" the translation by Google translate as much as I can, may I ask, do you have any specific section or quote you felt it to be too obviously translated? As far I can see, the introduction seems to be just fine, but any note or remark for a specific section would be highly appreciated as Id be able to work on translating it manually. دانيالوه (talk) 16:03, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
Hello, I try to further correct the grammatical and vocabulary structure of the overall content of the Wikipedia article, you checking whether it's still not correctly translated or not and telling me about your opinion on the changes would be highly appreciated. دانيالوه (talk) 18:42, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
- @دانيالوه: Hi! Thanks for contributing and sorry for not responding earlier. I believe that sentence structure and cohesion is the biggest issue with the article right now, for example the opening sentence reads "Armenian illuminated manuscripts form a separate tradition, related to other forms of Medieval Armenian art, but also to the Byzantine tradition", which isn't very clear at all (what is it separate to?). Unfortunately I am not proficient in French at all and am currently quite busy so I don't believe that I could be of much help here, but happy to see what I can do with regards to copyediting in about a week. Thanks, Dark-World25 (talk) 11:36, 1 June 2022 (UTC)
Regarding the deletion of information due to the lack of a source.
Hi, I noticed you deleted the "children" section of T.P Meenakshisundaram's page due to the lack of a source. I'm not sure if there is information regarding this on any printed/digital media but I'm his great grandson. I'm eager to know whether this information can stay there because of that. Thank you — Preceding unsigned comment added by Lifh Qeriol (talk • contribs) 16:55, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
- Cheers, Huggle caught the massive wall of text full of racial epithets threatening you, was rather surprised that it was not automatically caught by the edit filter and removed. Hope that didn't alarm you too much. Dark-World25 (talk) 14:46, 1 June 2022 (UTC)
=Inquiry on a copyright violation allegation
@Dark-World25@NthepYou alleged that my June 1 2022 edit on the International Criminal Court investigation pertaining to Sudan infringes on the copyright of an unnamed, unmarked blog, bearing the URL: http://currinfo.blogspot.com/2018/01/international-criminal-court.html I have no knowledge of this unmarked blog. Every information that I have taken for this edit are from the official website of the International Criminal Court, at https://www.icc-cpi.int/sites/default/files/2022-05/TheCourtTodayEng.pdf and https://www.icc-cpi.int/news?f%5B0%5D=related_to%3A11. I attribute every information this website to its true source, and make reasonable edits to the expressions taken from the source. In any event, my reports on the investigation and prosecution of the core international crimes such as crime against humanity, genocide, and warcrime, would have been a clear instance of fair use. This use is absolutely non-profit, and clearly for the purpose of nonprofit public education. There is limited, if any, creativity and imagination involved in the subject matter, which is purely a matter of fact i.e. X is prosecuted for Y on Z date. My edit has limited, if any, effect, on the commercial value of the subject matter. No one can reasonably claim that the International Criminal Court is in the business of prosecuting human rights violators to make money. Allegation of copyright infringement is serious. I invite you to justify your allegation and actions in not only reverting, but rolling back my edit. Regards. HollerithPunchCard (talk) 21:40, 4 June 2022 (UTC)
New page reviewer granted
Hi Dark-World25. Your account has been added to the "
New page reviewers" user group. Please check back at WP:PERM in case your user right is time limited or probationary. This user group allows you to review new pages through the Curation system and mark them as patrolled, tag them for maintenance issues, or nominate them for deletion. The list of articles awaiting review is located at the New Pages Feed. New page reviewing is vital to maintaining the integrity of the encyclopedia. If you have not already done so, you must read the tutorial at New Pages Review, the linked guides and essays, and fully understand the deletion policy. If you need any help or want to discuss the process, you are welcome to use the new page reviewer talk page. In addition, please remember:
- Be nice to new editors. They are usually not aware that they are doing anything wrong. Do make use of the message feature when tagging pages for maintenance so that they are aware.
- You will frequently be asked by users to explain why their page is being deleted. Please be formal and polite in your approach to them – even if they are not.
- If you are not sure what to do with a page, don't review it – just leave it for another reviewer.
- Accuracy is more important than speed. Take your time to patrol each page. Use the message feature to communicate with article creators and offer advice as much as possible.
The reviewer right does not change your status or how you can edit articles. If you no longer want this user right, you also may ask any administrator to remove it for you at any time. In cases of abuse or persistent inaccuracy of reviewing, or long-term inactivity, the right may be withdrawn at administrator discretion. signed, Rosguill talk 16:06, 5 June 2022 (UTC)
NPP July 2022 backlog drive is on!
|New Page Patrol | July 2022 Backlog Drive|
|You're receiving this message because you are a new page patroller. To opt-out of future mailings, please remove yourself here.|