If I have deleted your article and you would like to know why, please first have a look at the following Wikipedia policies and guidelines:
|28 December 2021|
Hi, I wanted to notify that I changed OMERS as per the source.
Muhammad 14:36, 15 November 2021 (UTC)
Thanks for your help with the student editing
- Dear @Discospinster: thank you for noting those major errors. The students were instructed to practice editing and I am glad that you beat me to correcting them, this is definitely a big mistake and great to catch right away. I have now caught up with you and reviewed all the other typo-fixes and do not see any other major errors. Regarding the patient-->person/people, it is my understanding that this is a very common improvement in medical articles as per [WP:MEDMOS] (see 'pitfalls'). I have corrected a few that were slightly off, but in general was very impressed with the quality of the edits while the students are learning. Moving forward for our article improvement step, suggested article improvements will be shared on the talk pages by Nov 19th-pm and left to simmer for a week before the students edit the articles live. Students have chosen a citation as per [WP:MEDRS], they had their expert review their proposed change, a librarian review their source, and will be editing live in about 2 weeks. I also moderate all edits. I was delayed by a few hours going through the edits today so you beat me to it! Today was an exercise in practice editing, changing a typo, following MEDMOS, minor re-wording to prepare for adding in new information/updating the medical evidence. Feedback is definitely welcome anytime and greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to make these corrections! Kind regards, JenOttawa (talk) 22:47, 15 November 2021 (UTC)
too many outdated and and wrong names
hello sir, there is a page about my city and its completely outdated. i wanted to fix it but every single word and link is outdated and full of wrong names and links. it says Mian Deh vilage but our vilaged became a city years ago and changed the name to Mian Shahr the district name is wrong too, its not shibkaveh true name is Shibkooh and population is outdated too. i tried to fix but i have to fix many links and names of other pages too. idk how can i help about it. hope you guide me. thank you Farzadrk (talk) 02:14, 16 November 2021 (UTC)
- You have to have sources showing that these things have changed. ... discospinster talk 02:24, 16 November 2021 (UTC)
Changing terms for “commit suicide”
Hello, My changes to address suicide in a less stigmatizing way were reverted indicating “committed suicide” is already an acceptable term to use. We are trying to destigmatize suicide by no longer referring to it as if it was a crime. Media sites are encouraging this change when reporting on suicide. It would be helpful if Wikipedia joined them. See reference here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_terminology Thank you for your time. — Preceding unsigned comment added by DianaYYZ (talk • contribs)
- (talk page watcher) DianaYYZ, please read through [], it's the most recent discussion on the Manual of Style guidance for terminology about suicide. Schazjmd (talk) 01:05, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
Thank you for sharing the link regarding the term. I read it all. It is a shame that Vashti’s sources were not enough to change this. An outdated term cannot change if people don’t learn alternate terms.
What is done in such circumstances?
Thank you for your involvement in this page. As you can see, that IP keeps on removing sourced content. What is done is such circumstances when they just won't stop? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:45, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
- If you feel that the user's edits are wrong or disruptive, you should discuss it on the talk page, and if that doesn't work then you can use one of the dispute resolution mechanisms. ... discospinster talk 15:32, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
Avon Fire & Rescue Service
I amended the content on the Avon Fire & Rescue wiki page, and my edits were reversed.
I need these to be reinstated, and the facts that were previously on the page are incorrect and damaging to the organisation.
Elisabeth Taplin ACIPR Avon Fire & Rescue Service
- Please indicate how the facts on the page are incorrect. If they are cited to reliable sources, then being "damaging to the organisation" is not a valid reason for removal. Otherwise whatever is out of date can be updated, but removing significant amounts of information (especially by the organisation itself) is not a good idea. ... discospinster talk 15:05, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
"Common attributes" listed at Redirects for discussion
A discussion is taking place to address the redirect Common attributes. The discussion will occur at Wikipedia:Redirects for discussion/Log/2021 November 17#Common attributes until a consensus is reached, and anyone, including you, is welcome to contribute to the discussion. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 16:05, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for your help at Ray J. However, I noticed that the protection you put in is significantly shorter than the previous protection which expired only a short time ago. The page has been an LTA target for over a year. Would you please take a look at the page's protection history and consider making the semi-protection longer? Thanks. Frank Species (talk) 01:12, 19 November 2021 (UTC)
Hùng king edit
- I don't think it should have been removed but the editor keeps doing it. ... discospinster talk 15:59, 26 November 2021 (UTC)
Ok I live in Woodstock and I'm wondering how you can edit my changes without knowing anything about the place . This is a new sign and an old tree laying down behind it. If you know anything about Aussies we love our big things . Now Woodstock has a big stick . If I could work out how to put pics in this thing I would show you Bob with no job (talk) 02:01, 20 November 2021 (UTC)
- Has the name of the city officially been changed to "Woodstock, home of the big stick"? ... discospinster talk 02:02, 20 November 2021 (UTC)
Hello! I wanted to give you some more information on ABN Assets. They are an active scam community that are impersonating ABN AMRO, a legitimate financial institution. They message people on facebook trying to get victims to send cryptocurrency to their website www.abn-assets.com . The entire webpage is fake and I am actively looking to take them down. The Wikipedia page is the first thing that comes up when you google the company and I noticed someone removed the deletion flag on the page. I am not too familiar with how Wikipedia operates, but if you can help me out and get this page taken down it would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to prevent more people from getting scammed. Thank you very much, have a great day. UnrealFinancial (talk) 12:25, 22 November 2021 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, being a scam company is not a reason to take down a Wikipedia page. If you have reliable sources that talk about their activities then you are welcome to add it to the article. An article can be deleted because the subject is not notable, i.e. there isn't significant discussion of it in multiple reliable sources. That's what the focus of the deletion argument has to be. ... discospinster talk 18:36, 22 November 2021 (UTC)
ArbCom 2021 Elections voter message
- Biographical information you add or change must be accompanied by reliable sources. You supposedly knowing him is not sufficient. ... discospinster talk 20:20, 25 November 2021 (UTC)
Jean smart bio
Please stop deleting the corrected public info about her son
Dude- you blocked me from editing it within seconds. Not useful at all. Stop gatekeeping.
- Stop adding information without sources. ... discospinster talk 22:37, 25 November 2021 (UTC)
Fine, I can find 2O reliable sources, but you blocked me. Unblock me please. You are a roadblock
- You were warned but continued to add the same content without sources. ... discospinster talk 22:47, 25 November 2021 (UTC)
Will do when I am unblocked. Based on comments above no one seems to appreciate your self appointed policing
- @10002dweller: If you have a source that actually supports what you're trying to add to the article, you could discuss it on Talk:Jean Smart and get assistance with the edit. —C.Fred (talk) 14:42, 26 November 2021 (UTC)
I just blocked BruceMajors for socking
Nick Voss of USA is the wider known entity.
This is a mistake because the Australian entity Nick Voss is impersonated the USA entity the is widely recognized as Nick Voss from X Factor USA and that has music out on every music platforms. Nick Voss of USA is also on many network television shows and is the greater known entity. This is a mistake Harrymelendez01 (talk) 17:24, 28 November 2021 (UTC)
- This article is about Nick Voss of Australia. If you think there should be an article about Nick Voss of the U.S.A. then that would be separate, you can't write over this article. ... discospinster talk 17:25, 28 November 2021 (UTC)
Walter Clarence Thornton
We are working to source, edit and correct multiple issues. As with all new Wiki Pages, we've had some growing pains. Please understand that we are working tirelessly on correcting any and all "issues"; furthermore, the repeated removal of LICENSED IMAGES, with Wiki usage permission, is very detrimental to our progress--and I respectfully ask that you please stop it. Thank you, Howyoodoon
- Such non-free images are not permitted on Wikipedia and in fact expose the site to legal liability for copyright infringement. As for the maintenance tags, they should not be removed unless the issue concerned are actually addressed. ... discospinster talk 21:58, 29 November 2021 (UTC)
Picture of Prophect Muhammad
Hello, I'm Muhammad Rehan, the Wikipedia page on the article Prophet Muhammad, which contains a picture of Prophect Muhammad as it's a disrespectful to whole Muslim community because the visual representation of Prophect Muhammad is prohibited in Islam, I've tried twice to remove the picture but the picture was added again by you Sir. Kindly guide me if I'm doing something wrong by removing the picture if not then kindly help me remove the picture because I believe it's a hate crime against the all all Muslim community. I know the Wikipedia is not censored but it is not right to hurt feelings of whole Muslim community. Because showing picture of Prophect Muhammad is disrespect to whole Muslim community. MuhammadRehan37 (talk) 22:43, 29 November 2021 (UTC)
- Wikipedia's position on this is made clear in WP:NOTCENSORED. There are ways that you can configure your own Wikipedia account to not show these types of images, that is explained at Help:Options to hide an image. ... discospinster talk 22:48, 29 November 2021 (UTC)
Demi Moore and Adriana Lima
Hi, thanks for your help at Demi Moore and Adriana Lima. However, I noticed that the protections you put in (as well as the previous protection put in yesterday) are significantly shorter than the three-month semi-protection that just expired little more than 24 hours ago. This is the case for both pages. Would you please take a look at both pages' protection histories and consider making both semi-protections longer? Both pages have been LTA targets for quite some time. Thanks, Summerallian (talk) 04:05, 3 December 2021 (UTC)
Administrators will no longer be autopatrolled
A recently closed Request for Comment (RFC) reached consensus to remove Autopatrolled from the administrator user group. You may, similarly as with Edit Filter Manager, choose to self-assign this permission to yourself. This will be implemented the week of December 13th, but if you wish to self-assign you may do so now. To find out when the change has gone live or if you have any questions please visit the Administrator's Noticeboard. 20:05, 7 December 2021 (UTC)
I was simply correcting some dead links that I found & I was astonished that you deleted the whole External Links section!
|Thanks for your revert on Socialist Party of Chile, but it looks like an IP user using, 2001:4451:12C5:CF00:B08C:386C:E682:1B08 is still at it on that page if you could come back and revert again please... thanks, enjoy the cooking for your troubles... ♥Th78blue (They/Them/Their • talk)♥ 01:38, 15 December 2021 (UTC)|
- Unfortunately your own calculations are original research, which is not appropriate for an encyclopedia. You would need to cite a reliable source. ... discospinster talk 14:39, 15 December 2021 (UTC)
Not trying to be mean but the toy citation needed is unnecessary a literal teacher said it was unnecessary so please stop.
A barnstar for you!
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|You beat me to vandalism-reverting many times… good job. — 3PPYB6 — TALK — CONTRIBS — SANDBOXES — LOGS — 20:37, 17 December 2021 (UTC)|
Regarding this tag you've placed on one of the sockpuppet accounts, I filed an SPI for the potential master account in question, since I happen to be quite familiar with the operator behind multiple disruptive accounts from another MediaWiki project. DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 18:03, 20 December 2021 (UTC)
Historic provinces, relevance to capital
As a recent editor of province, my question is, is an event occurring in a historic province relevant to the capital of that province? For example, can an event that happened in the wider Bombay Presidency be relevant for coverage in the article Bombay? Heesxiisolehh (talk) 01:28, 22 December 2021 (UTC)
- I would think that if the event was significant enough to have an effect on the modern city, it could be included. What is the event you're asking about? ... discospinster talk 01:49, 22 December 2021 (UTC)
- The depicted image comes from page 56 of this book. Since the Las Anod-Nogal district page doesn't exist, is it suitable to cover wider Nogal history on its former capital, i.e. the Las Anod page? Heesxiisolehh (talk) 06:35, 24 December 2021 (UTC)
Merry Christmas!— 3PPYB6 — TALK — CONTRIBS — 03:55, 24 December 2021 (UTC)
You know nothing about Penn Hills
On the subject of Penn Hills
hi I did remove that picture because I think showing a half-naked picture of that CHILD there is not right at all especially that his name also write
Merchandise giveaway nomination
A token of thanks
im trying to add the wiki page MILF
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MILF that's the page but I can't seem to add it the right way if you could help me with that, THat would be great
- You will need a reliable source in order to add it to the page. ... discospinster talk 01:09, 2 January 2022 (UTC)
Sorry for the disruptive edit I made regarding my nutsack. I am intoxicated and meant to show my friends not make an edit about my ballsack and fire alarms. Thanks! 220.127.116.11 (talk) 02:55, 2 January 2022 (UTC)
Thanks for stepping in
Thanks for stepping in and reverting a change at 2022 GB3 Championship. The user wasn't listening to me, ignoring my talk page messages and became more and more vandalizing. A third person stepping in might have stopped him for now. H4MCHTR (talk) 18:14, 3 January 2022 (UTC)
I want to know why you reedited Jaipur state article ? What things I did wrong , Jaipur state was historically known as Kingdom of Amber ruled by Kachhwaha rulers and that's what I edited , Kindly give me the reason and correction so I can able to edit again Asr99.0979 (talk) 07:02, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
- Because you removed some information from it without stating why. ... discospinster talk 17:15, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
How we will see unregistered users
You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.
When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.
Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.
We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.
Thank you. /Johan (WMF)
18:12, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
Undoing edits not informing them of mistake
Hello, I saw you're undoing edits of an IP on Chitlin' Circuit but you didn't send any warning to them regarding this. I think a message sent to them might help them know their mistake and correct it. Lightbluerain❄ (Talk | contribs) 19:45, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
I would but I don't know how to link it over. I found it from Ancestry and found a bunch of birth names this way in NASCAR including Keselowski, Chastain, Cindric, Rhodes, Allgaier, and some old timers like Steve Park and Wally Dallenbach. Its a service and I would gladly link it but because it is behind a paywall, I don't know what I can do because of that, if you have a solution let me know.
- You can still link it even if it's behind a paywall. Some Wikipedia editors have access to these sites and can check if necessary. ... discospinster talk 17:36, 8 January 2022 (UTC)
Hi, I saw you reverted my last edit on File:Iraqi Ministry of Defence Emblem.png This image serves both as the official logo for The minstry of defense and the Armed Forces. Can you help my editing the file description page so the image can be used on the two articles?
- You could just copy the rationale of the first one and make the relevant changes. ... discospinster talk 19:53, 8 January 2022 (UTC)
I tried doing that but unfortunately could not find out how its done, since I am new here.. You mind helping me?
- I did it for you. I went to the image page, clicked "edit", and then copy and pasted the fair use rationale template. I then changed the description and use fields to Iraqi Armed Forces. ... discospinster talk 21:22, 8 January 2022 (UTC)
Thank you for your comment on my Talk page. I interchanged John Tinne (correct name) and John Tinné (incorrect name); since both needed to remain, I couldn't move either one. This way the histories of both pages are preserved, but perhaps not correctly. Please tell me if I can do anything to correct this. — CvZ (talk) 21:51, 8 January 2022 (UTC)
- Normally it is possible to move over a redirect. In the case of John Tinne the only significant history was redirect-related, so it's not a big deal if it disappears. If there is other substantive history in the "target" name, the histories can be merged by an admin. I can move it if you like. ... discospinster talk 22:18, 8 January 2022 (UTC)
Your block of Stetsonian
Stop deleting my edits:
My edits are 'fringe'?. Its my country your talking about spewing all this nonsensical blabber. The dress code is not real, hijab was never enforced as a rule. The only rule there was to wear an abaya (a garment cultural cloak).
- I never said your edits were "fringe". The content in the article is supported by reliable sources, if you disagree with them you can start a discussion on the talk page. ... discospinster talk 21:34, 14 January 2022 (UTC)
- FYI I have blocked User:Fixing truths for 31 hours to protect the article from their edit warring. Roger (Dodger67) (talk) 21:48, 14 January 2022 (UTC)
Regarding removal of content in Elina Samantaray page
The Career portion was not a useful information portion. It didn't add any value to the article and was a repetition of Filmography section in different way Sameer Sanjeev Sasmal (talk) 18:35, 17 January 2022 (UTC)
Mass removal of categories using HotCat
Why is it reversed in the first place?
- The same reason it was reversed in the second place. I thought it would be obvious. ... discospinster talk 20:46, 22 January 2022 (UTC)