Articles for Creation July 2021 Backlog Elimination Drive
Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) on behalf of Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for Creation at 21:54, 7 July 2021 (UTC). If you do not wish to recieve future notification, please remove your name from the mailing list.
August Editathons with Women in Red
|Women in Red | August 2021, Volume 7, Issue 8, Numbers 184, 188, 204, 205, 206, 207
Hey Paul. I've actually been editing Wikipedia since 2005 (or so). I am too frustrated after hardly ever getting positive feedback, with the exception of a couple of "barnstars" back when people started making a game of it. I just get too many negative answers, attacks from people who aren't nearly as civil as your message (are you a bot?) Maybe Wikipedia should stop assuming people like me are newcomers. You are basically wrong about any benefits of membership. If people are going to delte hours of work on a whim, it's better that I don't know and become suicidal, yet again. so Anonymous contributions. forevermore
- You're totally welcome to edit anonymously. One benefit of an account is the ability to track your edit history and tenure more easily, but it's fine by me if you don't create an account.
- I'm sorry to hear about the negative experiences you've had. I have been fortunate to have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with other editors (certainly a couple of exceptions).
- One thing I've found helpful is the connections I've made... if you experience a negative situation in the future, feel free to reach out and I can see what I can do.
- By the way, I'm not a bot -- at least not as far as I know. = paul2520 💬 11:21, 24 July 2021 (UTC)
September 2021 at Women in Red
|Women in Red | September 2021, Volume 7, Issue 9, Numbers 184, 188, 204, 205, 207, 208
The fourth round of the competition has finished with over 500 points being required to qualify for the final round. It was a hotly competitive round with two contestants, The Rambling Man and Epicgenius, each scoring over 3000 points, and six contestants scoring over 1000. All but one of the finalists achieved one or more FAs during the round, the exception being Bloom6132 who demonstrated that 61 "in the news" items produces an impressive number of points. Other contestants who made it to the final are Gog the Mild, Lee Vilenski, BennyOnTheLoose, Amakuru and Hog Farm. However, all their points are now swept away and everyone starts afresh in the final round.
Round 4 saw the achievement of 18 featured articles and 157 good articles. Bilorv scored for a 25-article good topic on Black Mirror but narrowly missed out on qualifying for the final round. There was enthusiasm for FARs, with 89 being performed, and there were 63 GARs and around 100 DYKs during the round. As we start round 5, we say goodbye to the eight competitors who didn't quite make it to the final round; thank you for the useful contributions you have made to the Cup and Wikipedia, and we hope you will join us again next year. For other contestants, remember that any content promoted after the end of round 4 but before the start of round 5 can be claimed in round 5. Remember too that you must claim your points within 14 days of "earning" them.
If you are concerned that your nomination, whether it be for a good article, a featured process, or anything else, will not receive the necessary reviews, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews Needed (remember to remove your listing when no longer required). If you want to help out with the WikiCup, please do your bit to help keep down the review backlogs! Questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove your name from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Sturmvogel 66 and Cwmhiraeth. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:02, 2 September 2021 (UTC)
October 2021 at Women in Red
|Women in Red | October 2021, Volume 7, Issue 10, Numbers 184, 188, 209, 210, 211
Some baklava for you!
|I saw your sign up for AdaWiki24.org! Welcome Victuallers (talk) 11:57, 9 October 2021 (UTC)|
- Victuallers, while I appreciate the tasty treat, I'm trying to recall what this is about and not remembering. AdaWiki24.org doesn't seem to work for me. Would you remind me what this is about? = paul2520 💬 15:01, 9 October 2021 (UTC)
November 2021 at Women in Red
|Women in Red | November 2021, Volume 7, Issue 11, Numbers 184, 188, 210, 212, 213
November 2021 backlog drive
|New Page Patrol | November 2021 Backlog Drive|
|You're receiving this message because you are a new page patroller. To opt-out of future mailings, please remove yourself here.|
Growth Newsletter #19
18:36, 26 October 2021 (UTC)
The WikiCup is over for another year and the finalists can relax! Our Champion this year is The Rambling Man (submissions), who amassed over 5000 points in the final round, achieving 8 featured articles and almost 500 reviews. It was a very competitive round; seven of the finalists achieved over 1000 points in the round (enough to win the 2019 contest), and three scored over 3000 (enough to win the 2020 event). Our 2021 finalists and their scores were:
- The Rambling Man (submissions) with 5072 points
- Lee Vilenski (submissions) with 3276 points
- Amakuru (submissions) with 3197 points
- Epicgenius (submissions) with 1611 points
- Gog the Mild (submissions) with 1571 points
- BennyOnTheLoose (submissions) with 1420 points
- Hog Farm (submissions) with 1043 points
- Bloom6132 (submissions) with 528 points
All those who reached the final round will win awards. The following special awards will be made based on high performance in particular areas of content creation and review. Awards will be handed out in the next few days.
- The Rambling Man (submissions) wins the featured article prize, for 8 FAs in round 5.
- Lee Vilenski (submissions) wins the featured list prize, for 3 FLs in round 5.
- Gog the Mild (submissions) wins the featured topic prize, for 13 articles in a featured topic in round 5.
- Epicgenius (submissions) wins the good article prize, for 63 GAs in round 4.
- The Rambling Man (submissions) wins the good topic prize, for 86 articles in good topics in round 5.
- The Rambling Man (submissions) wins the reviewer prize, for 68 FAC reviews and 213 GAN reviews, both in round 5.
- Epicgenius (submissions) wins the DYK prize, for 30 did you know articles in round 3 and 105 overall.
- Bloom6132 (submissions) wins the ITN prize, for 71 in the news articles in round 1 and 284 overall.
Congratulations to everyone who participated in this year's WikiCup, whether they made it to the final round or not, and particular congratulations to the newcomers to the WikiCup, some of whom did very well. Wikipedia has benefitted greatly from the quality creations, expansions and improvements made, and the numerous reviews performed. Thanks to all who have taken part and helped out with the competition, not forgetting User:Jarry1250, who runs the scoring bot.
If you have views on whether the rules or scoring need adjustment for next year's contest, please comment on the WikiCup talk page. Next year's competition will begin on 1 January. You are invited to sign up to participate; the WikiCup is open to all Wikipedians, both novices and experienced editors, and we hope to see you all in the 2022 competition. Until then, it only remains to once again congratulate our worthy winners, and thank all participants for their involvement! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Sturmvogel 66 and Cwmhiraeth. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:55, 3 November 2021 (UTC)
DYK for Małgorzata Kalinowska-Iszkowska
ArbCom 2021 Elections voter message
December 2021 at Women in Red
|Women in Red | December 2021, Volume 7, Issue 12, Numbers 184, 188, 210, 214, 215, 216
Thanks for your participation in the November 2021 New Pages Patrol drive
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|For reviewing at least 25 articles during the drive.|
January 2022 Women in Red
|Happy New Year from Women in Red Jan 2022, Vol 8, Issue 1, Nos 214, 216, 217, 218, 219
Draft:List of planetary systems in fiction
Yikes - at this point, this is still a work-in-progress. I'm generating the text by a program which extracts it from the original article, so any clean-up you do is likely to get overwritten. I'm still fiddling with how to extract other pieces. Thanks for noticing some of the references were wrong, I'll try to figure that out. Tarl N. (discuss) 06:05, 1 January 2022 (UTC)
- Argh. Fenceposting when I see two references directly adjacent. Two whacks with a wet fish. I will preserve the notes and references sections you added, the lack of which I suspect is what led you to the draft article in the first place. Tarl N. (discuss) 06:18, 1 January 2022 (UTC)
Welcome to the 2022 WikiCup!
Happy New Year and Happy New WikiCup! The 2022 competition has just begun and all article creators, expanders, improvers and reviewers are welcome to take part. Even if you are a novice editor you should be able to advance to at least the second round, improving your editing skills as you go. If you have already signed up, your submissions page can be found here. If you have not yet signed up, you can add your name here and the judges will set up your submissions page. Any questions on the rules or on anything else should be directed to one of the judges, or posted to the WikiCup talk page. Signups will close at the end of January, and the first round will end on 26 February; the 64 highest scorers at that time will move on to round 2. The judges for the WikiCup this year are: Sturmvogel 66 (talk · contribs · email) and Cwmhiraeth (talk · contribs · email). Good luck! MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 15:02, 5 January 2022 (UTC)
DYK for Kip Andersen (filmmaker)
DYK for Keegan Kuhn
Hi, if possible, can you fix the problems that the article has with the notelist? Thank you in advance. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Michri michri (talk • contribs) 09:13, 17 January 2022 (UTC)
- @Michri michri: yep, I did so yesterday. = paul2520 💬 14:42, 17 January 2022 (UTC)