|City||West Point, Georgia|
WZMG 910 kHz
|Branding||Fox Sports 910 AM - 1310 AM The Game|
|Affiliations||Fox Sports Radio|
|Owner||iHeartMedia, Inc. |
(iHM Licenses, LLC)
|WCJM-FM, WKKR, WMXA, WTLM, WZMG|
First air date
Former call signs
Call sign meaning
|Power||1,000 watts day|
25 watts night
WPCH (1310 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a sports format. Licensed to West Point, Georgia, United States, the station is currently owned by iHeartMedia, Inc., through licensee iHM Licenses, LLC, and features programming from Fox Sports Radio.
The station signed on in August 1958 as WBMK. It changed its call letters to WZZZ on December 1, 1976, and was assigned the call sign WPLV on January 1, 1988. On October 7, 1994, the station changed its call sign to WCJM, then on February 23, 1996, switched back to WPLV.
In March 2003, Root Communications License Company, L.P., reached an agreement to sell this station to Qantum Communications subsidiary Qantum of Auburn License Company, LLC, as part of a 26 station deal valued at $82.2 million. The deal was approved by the FCC on April 30, 2003, and the transaction was consummated on July 2, 2003.
On May 15, 2014, Qantum Communications announced that it would sell its 29 stations, including WPLV, to Clear Channel Communications (now iHeartMedia), in a transaction connected to Clear Channel's sale of WALK AM-FM in Patchogue, New York to Connoisseur Media via Qantum. The transaction was consummated on September 9, 2014.
The station took on the WPCH call sign on June 1, 2015.
All of the programming on WPCH is from Fox Sports Radio.
- "WPCH Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 2009 (PDF). 2009. p. D-169. Retrieved January 11, 2020.
- "WZZZ (WPCH) history cards" (PDF). CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved January 11, 2020.
- "WPCH Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Changing Hands - 3/17/2003". Broadcasting & Cable. March 17, 2003.
- "Application Search Details (BALH-20030307ACE)". FCC Media Bureau. July 2, 2003.
- Venta, Lance (May 15, 2014). "Qantum Sells To Clear Channel; Connoisseur Expands In Long Island". RadioInsight. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- WPCH in the FCC AM station database
- WPCH on Radio-Locator
- WPCH in Nielsen Audio's AM station database