25 September 2022
These three have in common the phrase "Seems to be not notable and without any reliable sources" (Bigneerman, Dark Juliorik, 不和の林檎) which had never been used before until this week. They all follow the standard Expertwikiguy playbook of making numerous small edits with the VisualEditor and casting a large number of low-quality AfD !votes. Requesting CU to confirm and to look for others. Extraordinary Writ (talk) 21:40, 25 September 2022 (UTC)
Comments by other users
- Accused parties may also comment/discuss in this section below. See Defending yourself against claims.
Clerk, CheckUser, and/or patrolling admin comments
- Clerk endorsed - the consolidated timeline is also a good match. Please, check all of them. Thank you. MarioGom (talk) 06:08, 26 September 2022 (UTC)
- Added YouVeNeverSeenBetter - very similar without the specific phrase. MER-C 17:31, 26 September 2022 (UTC)
- Comment I've taken a look at these, but would appreciate it if another CU with experience of residential proxies would be willing to take a look. These accounts are all editing out of a lot of very different IP ranges. Each account uses ranges that geolocate to a particular country; some of the IP addresses they are using show as belonging to the same set of residential proxies, and they all look similar to one another in other ways. Girth Summit (blether) 18:06, 26 September 2022 (UTC)
- MER-C 19:09, 29 September 2022 (UTC) may be another.
- Formally relisting this per GS's comment. I believe RoySmith is familiar with this case? Thanks, Spicy (talk) 17:57, 1 October 2022 (UTC)
- In progress... ~Oshwah~(talk) (contribs) 20:44, 2 October 2022 (UTC)
- The three possible users are all, without a doubt, using a VPN. They bounce all around the world geolocation-wise, and nearly all of the ranges I looked into came back positive for VPN use in reports. The user agents are mostly of the same device family, but different browsers. No IP address ranges overlapped or directly connected any of the users. The inconclusive user used one range in one geo-location, where none of the IPs used had VPN use reported. Unfortunately, that's all the information that I can give. Resetting status back to 'completed', as Behavioural evidence needs evaluation. ~Oshwah~(talk) (contribs) 21:28, 2 October 2022 (UTC)